|Stratford photos from our users|
Stratford On Avon||
2001 population: 29,676
(Source: Statistics Canada)
Stratford is a city in Perth County, in the province of Ontario. It is on the Avon River.
The city was named for Stratford-upon-Avon, England.
Former and merged community names include:
· Little Thames
The Stratford festival originated as a Shakespearean theater production put on in a tent in a park by the Avon River.
Filming location for 1994 movie, "Renaissance Man"
Well-known residents have included:
· Frank Rankin, hockey player
Local festivals include:
· Railway Heritage Days - June 2, 2007
· Stratford Festival - April 10-Nov. 4, 2007
· Winterfest - Jan. 25-28, 2007
· Ovation Music Festival - Sept. 7-9, 2007
· Fall Fair - Sept. 20-23, 2007
· Garden Festival - March 1-4, 2007
Dates often change. Check Stratford web sites and events links in the sections below.
Nearby parks & recreation: Confederation Park, Dolan Natural Area
Attractions: Shakespearean Gardens
Historic sites and museums: Stratford-Perth Museum, Brocksden County School Museum
Archives: Stratford-Perth Archives